Saturday, June 14, 2008

I Get So Mad...

Sometimes, things that I have absolutely no control over totally just piss me off. This morning was one of those times.

"Mouse" is one of my dogs... He is the alpha male of the 3. He is 10 years old and we have had him since he was 6 weeks old. He was the first pet and he rules the house, (so he thinks) anyways, Mouse is getting up there in age so he is getting a little slower, but bless his heart, he still plays with the other dogs like a puppy would. This morning around 5:30am when I was getting home from work I let him outside, I don't usually have a problem with Mouse leaving the yard ( every once n' awhile he takes off, but he never goes far.) This morning for some reason when I went to let him in he was not at the back door like he would normally be. I called for him and called for him but he didn't come. I started to get a little worried so I went and woke JJ up and told him that Mouse had ran off and hadn't come back when I called him. Of course JJ got up and went out and hollered for him...still no Mouse. At this point I'm beginning to get upset, all these bad thoughts go through your head about what might be happening to him, it was terrible.

JJ decided to jump in the van and go looking for him but within 5 or 10 minutes he was back with no dog. When I asked him why he came back he told me that we just couldn't afford the gas to drive around looking for the dog. OMG, I was so angry, Not at JJ, I was angry at our government and whoever else controls the gas prices. For crying out loud I thought we lived in the "Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave." What is going on with our government when gas prices have gone so high that a 2 income family cant afford the gas to go looking for their missing dog? The United States is suppose to be "The land of Opportunity" Not the the " Land of Stealing from the People that are just trying to live."

The big controversy right now is finding out who is to blame for these rising gas prices, everyone is pointing the finger at someone else. Well my solution is, "Lets quit pointing the finger and work together to fix it." And believe me when I say, "I have one particular finger that I would like to point at someone every time I put gas in my vehicle!!!!!!"

Well to make a long story short, Mouse did find his way home about 4 hours after he took off, thank goodness. And I believe he might have had a good adventure because when he got home he was hyper and happy and covered in mud and dirt and something else that smelt real funky. I was so happy to see him. On a safe note we have now invested in a dog chain. LOL Peace.

No comments: