Monday, May 12, 2008

Hey There Delilah...






I want to introduce everyone to Delilah, I got her on my birthday this past April 26, she is now 10 weeks old. I have always had this soft spot for animals, any kind, I guess because I know that they cant speak for themselves. My feelings towards animals has become so passionate that I cant even watch that commercial on TV anymore, you know the one that shows all of the abandoned or abused dogs and cats it just tears my heart up. Anyways for those of you that know me you know that I am a huge garage sale fanatic well the Saturday of my Birthday JJ and I were out garage saleing and we stopped at this one that had a sign " Free Puppies" I just wanted to look at them, I realy had no intention of getting one. The owner took us around to this fenced in box type thing ( I have no idea what it was) and all I could see was this tail sticking out from inside the box and you could tell that the pup was just terrified because it's tail was shaking so fast, not wagging, shaking. The guy pulled this pup out and of course she immediatly pee'd on him and he told us that she was the only one left out of 10 puppies, he said nobody wanted her because she was the runt. It took me a whole 3 seconds to decide I wanted her, unfortunatley JJ was a little harder to convince.

JJ was worried about Mouse and Millo, our 2 male inside dogs and
Sylvester, our very mean male cat. I convinced him that if he let me get her that she would be an outside dog (she is going to be very large) He finaly gave in and let me take her. When we got her to the house she was just petrified. I took her inside and she did the cutest thing, she saw her reflection in the stove and got all excited and started looking behind the stove because she thought there was another puppy back there and then she realy got excited when I let the other dogs around her.
It's been 2 weeks since I got her and she just completely cracks me up on a daily basis. She is very clumsy, her paws are huge. She wants to play all the time and of course the house dogs being old n' grumpy want nothing to do with her playing. The cat layed into her one time so she tends to try to avoid him. The kids find her irritating since they cant lay on the floor with out her nipping at them or chewing on their hair. If you havnt guessed, I have her in the house alot which makes JJ crazy because he dished out money for a large outside kennel and then spent an entire Saturday building her a dog house which she loves when she's out there. So the household verdict is Delilah (I liked the name) drives everyone crazy but I cant get enough of her...I love her!

No comments: