Sunday, May 11, 2008

MOTHERS DAY



Today is Mother's Day, it is the day to celebrate all Mothers. In the dictionary the definition for mothers day is, "A day set aside in honor of Mothers." In my house "Mother's Day" is almost like any other day, of course my husband and kids still wish me a happy day, and it is probably the only time of the year that my boys dont gross out at the the thought of kissing me, (teenagers lol) but it's not like the days when the kids were younger and they would bring me their homemade presents they made in school.


Mothers day now for me is more about me remembering my children and how far they have came and how much they have accomplished over the years. It is amazing how fast kids grow up. I can still remember giving birth to each one of them, ( and beleive me after all of these years the memories still are not pleasant. LOL) Sometimes I miss them being babies and needing me so much but other times I realize that I enjoy having semi adult conversations with them and I guess the fact is that no matter how grown they get they will always need their mom in some way...I just hope they know I will always be there when they need me. Peace!!

No comments: