Friday, May 2, 2008

Old Blogs I brought from another site.



Entry for April 27, 2008
Well, I made it through another year. Birthday's usually suck, depending on how old you are turning, But this year was a little different for me...I didnt dwell on the age I was turning (38 for those of you who dont know.) I thought about what I have gained in the past years and the blessings that have been bestowed on me in my life.
I have these 3 amazing children. I dont mean amazing as in they are curing world hunger, I mean amazing as in they have accomplished so much more at their ages than I ever did when I was their age.
Jordan is going to be 19 this year, he is leaving for basic training in June, he is excited about his future, and im excited for him. When I was his age I had him, I was a single mom living on welfare wondering daily if I would be able to feed him. Times they r' a changin.
Trevor is 17 he is on high honor roll and he is one of the lead performers with the school show choir he is really talented. He is already looking into colleges and determined to own his own bussiness and be very successful. I unforunatley at that age rarely made it to school and was all about where the next party was gonna be. That's how it was in the 80's.
Quaide will be 14 in May. Now he is my only child that reminds me a little of how I was at his age. He is very emotional and everything he does is from his heart. He also has no interest in school and thinks about nothing but girls. He is my typical teenager.
I also have this great husband. Don't get me wrong, he is far from perfect and he alot of times drives me totaly nuts but he has totaly proven to me that he is here for me. Everyday our love gets stronger and after 10 years I could never imagine being able to love someone else as much as I love him. He truely is the love of my life.
So you see, It is not about the age you turn but about the life you have lived. Minus a few up and downs I have lived a good life thus far, and I plan to live another 38 great years.

No comments: